Saturday, August 4, 2007

No Reservations

So, we met up with friends last night for dinner and a movie. Really looked forward to that as we haven't done anything with friends in several months, and the last movie we saw together was one for the kids, before that POTC 3. Honestly we don't go to the movies alot, cheaper to rent them at home a few months later!

She wanted to see 'No Reservations' which was fine with me but her hubby wasn't thrilled with the idea of seeing such a 'chick flick'. So the guys decided to split up and go see 'The Simpson's ' instead....whatever, I've never really 'gotten' that show but to each his own I guess.

So we go in shortly before the lights go down and the credits roll. We're having a good time talking, sharing experiences (she is about to have their first baby and I've had three you know?) etc. thru the credits, along with just about everyone else in the theater. I can handle that, but I want to hear the movie, okay?

**vent on**

Well, wouldn't you know it. We sit down in front of the 'mouther' in the theater.
GGRRR, guy made stupid little snide comments the WHOLE way thru the movie!! "Boy, he didn't park very well." "ooohhh she took her hair down." "You know that had to be really late" "There's a stop sign there!" so forth and so on. AND he kept kicking the back of our seats!

I so wanted to turn around and say something but I held my tongue, I'm not really one for calling someone out, especially with strangers in a movie theater ;0)

Seriously, if you're going to be in a public place with other people watching a movie, keep your comments to yourself or at least say them quietly enough that only you and whoever you're with can hear them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**vent over**

But we (well at least this two of the foursome) had a great time. It was nice to just get out with adult conversation and such for a few hours. And the movie was a good movie. I actually hadn't seen a lot of advertising for it so wasn't really sure what to expect, so I may not be giving it it's due but it was definitely a chick flick!!

2 comments:

Suprina said...

I would have gotten up and went to speak to Managment about your nuisance setting behind you. Maybe they could have told him politely to quite down.
I am not a real movie goer but I do want to see No Reservations. I like to watch movies at home. It is a lot cheaper for us.

I am so glad that you had a great time Jennifer. You deserve nights like this.

Jennifer said...

I like to watch movies BUT at $16 for the two of us last night (since it wasn't matinee prices), I'd rather wait and rent/buy on DVD. I never thought of getting a manager, actually don't know if they have one currently...a friend was the manager and he moved up the corporate ladder.
Anyways, we had a good time, even had a good laugh about him afterwards.
It was a good movie, I'd like to see it again later after it's on DVD to really enjoy it.