Thursday, October 11, 2007

In a funk

Do you notice that you get in 'funks' ?I'm in a funk, crappy, stinking, don't want to do anything all I seem to want to do is sleep and let the world go by kind of funk .I don't want to do anything, and I mean anything. I don't want to see anyone, talk to anyone (although I think if I had a friend to talk to it'd help my mood) good books don't interest me, my favorite TV shows don't interest me, I'm not even interested in lunch today, you get the point, right?

I know I should feel blessed and happy for what I have. It could be worse, I could be dealing with a sick baby needing a heart transplant, or a loss of a child, or anything more then what I am. Somehow that stuff still doesn't seem to make a difference to my mood.

I wasn't this way yesterday, it was beautiful low 70's and sunny outside so I spent most of the day outside at my mom's with my brother with kids. Today it's a high of mid 50's with a chance of rain, hasn't rained yet but it's been dreary all day. I'm here with the kids and every little noise they make just irks me to no end. I know I'm being horrible, and I feel for them. I try to do better and I just can't seem to shake this crud.

So IF you experience this what do you do to get yourself out of it?

5 comments:

nikki the red said...

i'm in a funk too.

Anonymous said...

Sing, Jennifer, sing. That will drive the blues away. And laugh, even if you have to force yourself....it works.

Von

karen said...

watch a funny movie. works for me. also i take paxil. :)

Suprina said...

Jennifer, I am sorry you are in a funk. I get that way sometimes...
Go over to my blog and scroll down past the blog post...there is a little pressy there for you...

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennifer, it's Lori. Email me & let's go for a walk sometime. I'm in Campbell's Creek once a wk. I'll grab the double & we can stroll at Coonskin. I have pretty big shoulders and I am a really really good friend! lorilee@leewebdesign.com.