Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tuesday's Travel Update!!

So the countdown is on! I leave in 10 days for my week in California with my friend, Jamie. I'm getting excited but I'm still a little nervous about leaving my husband in charge of school, work, ballet, dinner, etc. EVERYTHING while I'm gone too. I've got to get the kids schoolwork planned out so it won't be too difficult for him (or them) ;0) and I'm going to take a folder and put the test papers they will need while I'm gone in there with a calendar for the week on the front as to which day they need which test etc. He thinks he is going to work while I am gone, I don't know how much he is going to get done with three kids in the house......mainly the youngest one LOL!

And we've got to figure out what we're going to do Friday morning when I fly out. Honestly I'd like for him to take me but I think it will be hard to leave him at the airport and with all that security he can't wait with me just drop me at the check in gate pretty much so why have him go at 5am? So I may take myself then get someone to take him and the kids over later that day to pick up the van that I could leave in the parking garage. We haven't decided yet, but need to soon.

And I have a hair appointment tomorrow. I've been wanting to do something with it for a while now and thought, I need a new updated look for California! LOL!! They are so 'with it' out there I think (if someone knows different let me know LOL!!). Anyways, I'm going to get something done tomorrow, haven't decided on a style yet though....hopefully the stylist that was recommended can help with that!

But last week Jamie & I emailed several times one day and she planned this little 'mini' girls getaway for us while I'm there. She and I are going over to the Central Coast area of California early Monday morning and leaving her girls home with her husband, and when he has to return to work on Tuesday he'll leave them with a friend for the day.

So we're going to visit the Pismo Beach, Morro Bay, San Luis Obsipo, area. We have reservations for a room in Avilla Beach. And tickets to tour Hearst Castle.
These places look beautiful to me, for those that know me know I am a ocean kind of gal. She mentioned dinner on the Pier too. So who knows? FUN FUN!!

I don't know what else we'll do while I am there other then church on Sunday and her regular 'mommy duties' on Thursday. OH! We're taking her girls to their churches Harvest Festival on Wednesday evening.

But anyways that is the update, lots to do before hand and I can't wait to see Jamie and experience the west coast, even if I am also silently thinking to myself 'WHAT were you thinking when you agreed to this?' kind of mentality.

1 comment:

Deb - Mom of 3 Girls said...

I hope you have a great trip - sounds like fun! :)

There's something for you too on my site... :)