Monday, November 26, 2007

A new Monday meme

Sometimes I just can't think to blog on Monday's so it's better if I find a meme. I've found a new one thru another friend blog so here goes.

The 'Give Me Five' Monday meme is designed to share fun information with each other in a simple short list! Here's how it works. Each week, I will put out a random topic from my list of topics and you share 5 answers of your choice on the given topic and link back here! You can add photos, links or stories or just a simple list of your own of 5 things that relate to the topic as it pertains to you and your life experiences. It doesn't have to be in any order of importance unless otherwise specified.

Give Me Five pet peeves or dislikes associated with shopping.

1. Kids wearing those dang heelie shoes and no one watching them so they just skate right past you, in front of you, etc. without watching where they are going.

2. People who see you waiting for that parking spot then sneaking in from the other direction before you can get to it.

3. Stores not having enough registers open so you spend a bunch of money in their store but have to stand in line for 40 minutes to pay for the stuff!! Don't get me wrong, if I hadn't needed that stuff badly I would NOT have stood there and waited for it.

4. The Pharmacy line is a joke. They say CALL AHEAD TO CURB YOUR WAITING TIME then you get there and the line is still a mile long so you still have to wait. Now, not only are you waiting in that line the people in front of and behind you are after the cold medicines (Sudafed etc.)and are snotting & coughing all over you so you know even though you're healthy now chances are you won't be all winter. They need a seperate line for those that are after the cold medicine junk, a seperate pick up window for those that were called ahead and then a line for those who dropped it off 1 1/2 hours ago to stand in line another 30 minutes to pick it up (yes that was me two weeks ago).

5. People who leave their cart sitting in the middle of the aisle while they browse the shelves looking for what they need. Be kind, pull your cart over to the side then everyone else can at least squeeze by if they need to. If you're standing in front of an item I need I will politely ask you to excuse me while I grab it.

6. Yes, I know you asked for five, but I've got one more for good measure. I hate how when I have money and am in the mood to shop I can find NOTHING! But when I have no money to splurge and am out for one reason or another I can find EVERYTHING!!

Want to play along? Check out BeccA'sbuzz

6 comments:

tegdirb92 said...

yes, those shoes are a new thing I I dislike them too. Great list this week.

BeccaGirl said...

Hey! Welcome to the Give Me Five meme! I'm so happy you joined up...you can come back each Monday and participate, you've done a great job on your first one, that's for sure! You even included a link to the original post, so thanks for that! There is also a badge/picture you can include to make everything official.

I love what you said about parking spaces. I am just dumbfounded by people's blatant rudeness in zipping in and stealing someone else's parking space. There are very clear indications of intent when you are waiting in que for a spot to open up. People are just mad in the head sometimes!!!
Great GM'6' list LOL I usually say GM5, but you added an extra! LOL

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

Loved them all but your bonus (#6) made me laugh out loud. Isn't it the truth. Have a great GM5 Monday. :)

Misty Dawn said...

Oh man... I agree with all of these, but especially #2, #3, #5, and #6!!! Great list! It is so unfortunate that the holiday season brings out rude and inconsiderate traits in people!

Julie said...

I can relate to your entire list...especially #6!

I think I would add to the parking peeve with those folks that have to stop their cars literally in the middle of a travel lane to wait for a car and they're so close that the poor car can't back out and in the middle of the lane so no one can pass! We encountered that 2 weeks ago and the idiot finally realized he was blocking absolutely everyone and no one was going no where and he moved on! LOL!

Anna said...

Your #5 and #6 are so true. That's exactly how I feel!