Monday, December 3, 2007

7 Random Things About Me

Kat from Kat's Krackerbox tagged me for the 7 Random things about me meme one day last week and I'm just now getting around to getting it done, sorry it's taken me so long Kat!

So here are the rules:

  • Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
  • Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
  • Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
  • Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. I LOVE to read. As if you didn't already know that ;) Seriously I probably read a good 20-30 books a month, when I'm not busy doing a bunch of other things, like ballet dress rehearsals and such.

2. I am very frugal, but I actually call myself cheap LOL!! I haven't bought deodorant for myself in MONTHS if not a year. And no, I'm going around smelling, I'm using all those FREE SAMPLE deodorants I get in the mail!

3. I've been considering going back to school...somehow. I don't know how I could with three kids here at home that I am homeschooling. Well, technically only two of them but I'm getting Avery some precshool curriculum soon and I'm going to start teaching him his letters, phonics, and to read after the Holidays are over.

4. I want to learn to sew too. My Grandma was a quilter, one of my aunt's is a quilter, by hand. And their quilts were/are beautiful! My aunt makes hers and sells them, I own the last one my Grandma completed before she passed away. But I'd like to be able to sit down at the sewing machine ( a really nice one) that was given to me and wip up something when I want to.

5. I have a weird 'fetish' for names. Particularly baby names. That is always the first question I have when learning someone is expecting or has welcomed a new baby into their family. I like names that aren't dime a dozen, I grew up in the era of 'Jason & Jennifer the most popular baby names' well I'm one of those Jennifer's so there was always and I mean always more then one Jennifer in my class at school, or the workplace, church, etc. Currently there are 2 in our church, our small congregation of 50 and there are two Jennifer's, and when talking with my In-laws there is a possibility of 4 different ladies being referred to when the name Jennifer is mentioned. I always wanted a little girl named Caz Elisabeth but my hubby vetoed that name, even if Caz is a family name.

6. I like old movies. White Christmas with Bing Crosby is one that comes to mind first, probably because I just watched it Saturday night. Funny Face with Audrey Hepburn, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes with Marilyn Monroe, Bringing up Baby with Kathryn Hepburn also come to mind. Those in black and white, Cary Grant, Spencer Tracy, Kathryn Hepburn, Audry Hepburn, Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers!

7. I come from a BIG family. My Dad has 13 brothers and sisters. My Grandma had 31 grandchildren, making 29 cousins for me. I loved the yearly family reunions in July and getting together with all of them. Sadly, since Grandma passed in 2000 those reunions either haven't happened or just aren't what they used to be. There were some hurt feelings and such when Grandma got sick between siblings so now everyone doesn't come to reunions and such. I couldn't tell you how many kids those 29 cousins have, I don't know if I could actually sit down and count them out or if I'd miss some, isn't that sad that the family has just 'grown' apart? It is to me. Oh and on my mom's side, she has 7 brothers and sisters with 10 cousins on that side.

So...now I need to tag 7 other bloggers to participate. I don't know if I can come up with that or not since I'm kind of new to the blog world and don't *know* that many personally so I'm just going to start naming names! LOL!! Julie from Liljuliebean, Jamie, Crystal from Backyard Academy, Suprina from Kitchen Table Chat, Deb from Momof3girls, Jen from Enjoying the ride, and last but not least Linda ( a new friend from WV!) of which I can't get a link to come up for right now but I will fix it later....Linda, if you're reading this could you leave me a link to your blog so I can save it to my favorites?

3 comments:

Deb - Mom of 3 Girls said...

I wish I could still fit in the time to read so much! I used to easily read 20-30 books a month too, but lately I'm lucky to get through one. And I'd love to learn how to sew too. :)

jenn said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me. Unfortunately, I have done this twice already, and I have run out of random things!

Please come back and visit, though. And keep me in mind for the next one...I really do like playing along.

I'm going to add you to my "reads" so I can get to know you.

Kat said...

Thanks Jennifer!! I'm taking a couple of online classes at a college. That might be an idea if you really don't want to be away from home with the kids. Have a great week, Kat