Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's Christmas!!

Okay, so I know it's not Christmas really but it is for me!!

On Christmas morning I received a paper IOU, yep that is it. JUST a paper IOU. For a new laptop. Then a day later he decides he's going to just fix the one we have that hasn't been working right and save most of that money. Only thing...it turned out not to be fixable.

So, then he's cheap. Shopping around wanting to spend $399 on one but also wanting a really good computer. I was just getting irked that he couldn't just get one already. Especially because we got over $200 for Christmas that we could put on it and spend a little more.

Well on the 16th of this month he finally found an awesome computer, more then he initially wanted to spend but we could also use it to travel with, for the kids to watch a DVD or two on those long 13-15 hour drives to Florida and since our portable DVD player quit working on our last journey we needed to invest in a new one. So why not kill two birds with one stone.

So....guess what arrived today? YEAH!! My new laptop. Man, I haven't seen a screen this clear in I don't know how long. I turned it on as soon as it got here and put my name in and stuff then shut it back off so he could load the anti-virus onto and get it networked up with our others and internet and such. It was ready for me when I got home from taking dd to ballet class. SUPER YAY!!

This could be dangerous, I could find myself wanting to spend more time online. LOL!!

4 comments:

crystal said...

Congrats! That's so cool!

jenn said...

Good for you!!! I don't have a laptop, but would love one. I hope you enjoy!!!

Suprina said...

I hope you are enjoying your laptop Jennifer.

There is a suprise for you over at my blog...

Julie said...

Woo hoo! That is great! Merry Christmas to you! :) lol