Monday, January 14, 2008

January, ugh!!

January, is so depressing!! Don't ya think? I hate January, and February mostly too. I mean Christmas is over, so the house just looks blah & plain again. Okay, so I'm working on the house but still. The weather (usually) is cold, snowy, dreary, lack of sunshine (at least at my house ~ our house sits too close to the mountain to actually get any sun in the winter months) all combined just make it for a depressing time of year I think. I think we should go south for a few weeks ;) Florida is nice and warm so we could enjoy the ocean, beach, sun, you get the idea...of course I'd probably feel worse when I got home to this. LOL! Can't blame a girl for trying!


At least last week we had some unseasonably warm weather. It was in the 60's-70's here one or two days last week and you can bet we were out in it. Of course I had to make the 20 mile drive to my parent's house (where the sun actually HITS) so we could be outside most of that day but that is okay I guess. Of course, that is a main and top priority in our search for property ~ whether the sun hits there during the winter months or not ~ then I won't have to drive to someone else's house to get myself and the kids outside.


One thing we are doing thru these cold, icky days. Is really working hard on schoolwork. Rachel is about to finish up 4 out of 6 subjects with the curriculum that we bought them for the year. Justin is almost done with 2 or 3 ( I can't remember for sure now). I borrowed some more books from a friend for Rachel so we'll do those once she finishes what we purchased. I thought the Social Studies was lacking for her so I borrowed a Social Studies from a different publisher and we're going to go thru it, actually we've already done about 40 pages of it as a review from what she had last year then we'll slow down some on the subjects like the first settlers of America, Colonists, etc. Justin had to review some things in English at the beginning of the year so once he finishes some of his other subjects we'll probably double up on the English so he can get it finished at a decent time. We want to be done early, to me the middle of April or first of May would be nice, so we can enjoy the nice warm sunshine of spring!!! I've taken care of their testing aspect, got them scheduled in with a friend who is approved, just waiting on her to call me back with definite dates for that, so that is taken care of too.


Oh and before I end for the day, Jenn at Enjoying the Ride shared an AWARD with me the other day and I haven't gotten around to putting it up yet ~ OOPS! She shared this:


"This little award is called The Daily Dose - and here is all the important info to tell you what it is about and where it came from. This is a tribute to all the blogs that you've discovered that you can't possibly live without. They make you laugh, cry, think and feel connected every time you read a post. They give you a thrill as you see them loading into your browser and you get an equally satisfying thrill when you see that they have commented on your blog".From Xandra: creator, The Daily Dose Award.

Now, I'm passing this award on to some blog friends that I feel like I've known forever, and know if we were to meet in person we'd be good friends! I don't have alot of 'in person' friends or friends that live near to me to do things with, it's just me and my kids most of the time, and I yearn for adult conversation, knowing someone is out there just like me. So,often at least once a day I go to these "cyber world" places for my "daily dose" ... because these particular women share bits and pieces of themselves and their family that I just can't seem to live without, and I just have to check in. Instead of listing all of you separately, just look to the left....if your name is in my updated blog roll, you're one of those I just mentioned. The award is yours!!

And while I'm thinking of it, some of those need prayers if you're willing to share.

Julie has announced her pregnancy ~ you can learn more at her site LilJulibean,

Crystal has a precious baby boy who had a heart transplant last summer, well his older sister has been diagnosed with RSV which is very dangerous for Noah, they could use your prayers,

Jamie (she's a real life friend now across the country ~ I visited her in CA in Oct.) well she & her husband John lost their baby girl, Halle in April at the young age of 9 month. They have two older girls but well the last few months have been extremely hard on them. And now her Aunt was hit by a car a few weeks ago here, and remains in the hospital stable but in a coma. This year has been rough for them so they along with her mom could really use the prayers.

Thanks guys!

4 comments:

Crys said...

Wow! Thank you so much for the award and even more so for the prayer request. You are such a sweetheart!
~Crystal

Deb - Mom of 3 Girls said...

I tend to hit the depressing part in February lately since after Christmas we're gearing up for Becca's birthday. But for a short month, February always feels so long, cold, dark and depressing. I'm with you on the trip south! :)

Thank you so much for the award! You definitely know how to brighten up a cold, snowy day... :)

jenn said...

I like feb, but mostly because I was born in that month!

We had warm weather too for a few days last week, now it's back to chilly. It really does start to get you down when one day is beautiful, and the next day you're so cold you want to hide under the covers all day! Kepp your chin up, my friend. The sun will shine soon!

Jennifer said...

The ONLY way I deal with February better is because there is a Holiday in there that makes me feel good! Well, if HE does his part anyways ;0) I am such a romantic, sappy person that I get my hopes up & if he comes thru with any little old thing then that brightens up the month for me.
Birthdays will kick in for us in March...and I mean KICK IN all the kids, me, we have one nephew, my MIL, my Brother's, my friend Jamie so all we do is CELEBRATE all month seems like!