Thursday, January 24, 2008

Promoted!!

No, silly not me. To what would I get promoted?

Jason, my hubby got a promotion. And it's going to mean some changes around here.

As of tomorrow morning he will no longer be working from home. He's worked from home since 2001, minus a few months when he first went to work for this company in early 2005. Avery doesn't know what it means for Daddy to not work here, he and Daddy have lunch together everyday, so he'll have to adjust to that. I will have to adjust to no more long, using up all the hot water, showers during that lunch time ;) to being the only one here with the kids most of the time, and anytime I have an errand I'll have to take all three kids along with me.

He is going to be the supervisor of his department. WOW, he's the boss? At such a young age? LOL!! I'm messing with him about that.

But he worked that to them being desperate to get him in this position to his advantage. After the first few weeks and he gets everything straightened out he will only be working 4 days a week. He got a raise to his salary, too.

So....things are gonna change around here somewhat and hopefully in a month or so on those Fridays he's off we can take the kids ice skating, museums, swimming & golf once it gets warmer. The boys (well Justin) will have to suck it up and go to the dance studio once a week while his little sister has class but he'll get over that.....eventually!

I'm proud of him, they've been telling (aka asking) him he'd be in charge pretty much since he went to work there and they knew the other guy was retiring but he kept saying he didn't want it, it wasn't going to happen etc. Actually up until the last few days he was till telling me he wasn't going to take it UNLESS they agreed to all of his terms, well they did so he's off to work in the 'real' world tomorrow!!

5 comments:

Deb - Mom of 3 Girls said...

Congratulations to your hubby! I know it'll be a hard adjustment for the kids, but I hope it all goes well. :)

Julie said...

Yay! That's a wonderful promotion! Congrats! :)

crystal said...

Congrats!
In the mood for a new award? You've been awarded over at my blog!

jenn said...

Congrats to hubby!!!

You will all adjust to the change, just give it time. OOHHH, and a raise? Gotta love that!

Crys said...

What wonderful news! Congratulations to your hubby (and to you!).