Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I feel the need to broaden my horizons.

No offense to any of you on my blog role but I need MORE!!
For some odd reason I find myself looking for more new blogs to read, more homeschoolers, more stay at home moms, perhaps Baptist like myself, just I don't know MORE!

So as I visit your blogs I find myself scrolling through your blog lists or comments and going on to those blogs. But I still just feel like I'm missing out on something somewhere. So I'm going to ask you guys.

WHERE do you find all the blogs you read? Some that are listed on your blog roles, others maybe not but you read religiously?
Do you do it the way I do, by browsing others links?
Or maybe by participating in one of the many daily meme's and then going back to keep reading some of the responders, or ones you've viewed dthat day?
Is there someway on blogger or wordpress to do a search for certain things, like say homeschooling or such that you narrow down and look fo rnew blogs on?

Fill me in here, PLEASE?

**I felt the need to come back and clarify something. I listed Baptist up above and I just wanted to come back and say no offense to any and all who aren't. That was just on my mind because I had just been to several blogs that I love to read and explored their bloglogs of friends.
All of those that I visited (and some I browsed)belong to the LDS church, and while I think they know each other personally (at least some of them) they still seem to all have this connection, bond if you will. And I was just thinking about what a great group of 'sisters' they have in that communication.
While I was in CA in Oct. I experienced a GREAT church, a great huge church I should say. And the possibilities for things to do, groups to meet with, all that were endless. I attended Bible Study, MOPS, and seems like something else and the Sunday School class was amazing too while I was visiting with Jamie that week. My church isn't like that, it's quite small....seriously I think our biggest attendance on a Sunday is like 80 maybe? But most weeks it's around 55-65 and most of those are the kids.
So I love visiting alot of blogs and I really hope no one took that the wrong way ;)**

11 comments:

Deb - Mom of 3 Girls said...

Hmm, for me it's kind of all of the above. I've found blogs through others' blogrolls, through clicking on people who've commented on other blog posts, through participating in memes, through visiting people who've commented on my site.

Maybe try searching Google for "homeschooling" and "blogs"? Or you could search on Technorati too... I'm sure other people will have some great suggestions too - I'm looking forward to seeing! :)

Hey it's Amy Shipp said...

You are welcome to read my blog! Yours is nice. I like your music. Have a nice Wednesday. I am a stay at home mom too. :)

Julie said...

I didn't know you are Baptist, so are we! :)
Typically I find new blogs either through searching for a keyword in blogs at technorati.com or through links at other blogs I enjoy.
There is a way on wordpress at least to search for blogs, um hold on let me check again to tell you how...
ok, go to http://wordpress.com/tag and click on a keyword that strikes your fancy. If you can't find one simply add a keyword to the end of your address like this http://wordpress.com/tag/poetry/
I LOVE doing this! :) Let me know if there are any probs!

Jennifer said...

Julie ~ I will check that search out. I'm going to have to shut this down soon to do today's letter of the day lesson with Avery ;0)

Amy ~I recognize your name from a previous posting or something..I'm on my way over ;)

Crys said...

It's nice to finally have you back! I'm sorry your hubby got sick. Hopefully the rest of you can stay healthy.

As for more blogs, I do wordless wednesday (they actually do it everyday) and that was the best way for me to find other blogs. That and searching their blogrolls. I have several homeschooling moms on my blogroll... I think Jenny Up The Hill even has a link to a group of homeschooling moms. You could check that out.

Suprina said...

Jennifer,
This is how I find most of my blogs that I go too...but some I just find off the cuff or by accident.

http://blogsearch.google.com/

I don't know if you know this but I am also baptist. So is Eric.

Meme's are really good to find new blogs as well.

Kim said...

I Am working towards being a stay at home mom with my business, I too am always looking for new blogs!

Kim

kailani said...

I've found a lot of blogging friends through Mommy Forums and message boards. Either that or people who stumbles across my site. :-)

Thanks for stopping by and for commenting!

Jen said...

I've found most of my blogging buddies by doing exactly what you do! I'm still fairly new to this all, so I'm on the same boat as you. However, I like some of the ideas I've heard up above. I'm always looking for fun interesting blogs to read! And your clarification wasn't needed for me, I wasn't offended at all! :)

Angela said...

Hey Jennifer! This is so funny! I am a blog friend of Kim's and as I was reading a posting on her site just now, I saw yours, clicked on it and landed on your profile... and then read you were looking for new blogs! Anyway- that's not the funny part- the funny part is that I am also 31, a sahm, and home schooling! I just started blogging about a month ago. One of my "real life" friends got me into it. You should read her blog! It's amazing. You can get to it through my blogrole... she's MCK Mama.

Anyway- stop on over to my blog anytime- and I'll check yours out, too!

jenn said...

When I started, for months no one read my blog. Then I did a thursday thirteen. By visiting people tt's, you get a sense of who they are. I comment on the one's I find interesting, then continue to visit. I've made several really good friends this way.