Thursday, February 21, 2008

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I posted Jason had been sick, right?

I hadn't talked to my parents since Tuesday and only for a few minutes then. She had a outpatient surgery on Monday on the back of her head and I didn't want to bug her with the phone etc. Anyways she was feeling icky Monday afternoon but wasn't sure if it was the effects of the medicine, the procedure itself, or something else. Turns out it's the flu. Dad even got it and called in sick today, this is like only the 3rd or 4th time I remember him EVER calling in sick to work.

Well we were going to ballet, then the ice/rain/sleet/snow mix started here so I vetoed that. Sadly....I had planned to pick up dinner somewhere while we were out as a treat to me & the kids. Jason went back to work yesterday, today & tomorrow is a mandatory 'retreat
conference' thingy including a dinner tonight lasting until at least 8pm.

ANYWAYS, once I decided I wasn't going out in that mess with the kids I decided to take Avery's sweater off him. He was warm and flushed. I kept hoping it was just from wearing the t-shirt & sweater around the house. But here it is 3 hours later and he's only gotten hotter, and is actually snoozing here beside me. I'll only let him sleep a litlte so he goes back to bed at a decent hour but PHOOEY, I'd just said the kids & I had somehow escaped this. Not true, ones down for the count now if the rest of us can escape it.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry the sickness has spread! How awful!!!! We're sick once again in our household as well! It's so frustrating! Will all this sickness ever end? I'm ready for Spring!!

Deb - Mom of 3 Girls said...

Oh no - I hope he's better soon and that nobody else comes down with it! It seems like everybody's sick - this has been a really nasty winter for it. :(

jenn said...

Ohh...I hope whatever it is leaves quickly, and no one else gets it!