Monday, February 18, 2008

Sick + Men = Babies

Yep, you guessed it, the honey came home from work sick today. One evening last week he mentioned that one receptionist was out sick, then came back and the other one went out sick.

He was home for lunch, coughing a little bit but honestly I didn't notice he was feeling horrible. He went back to work and then just before 4:30 he was coming in the door ( he works until 5pm usually).

He started coughing last night, but not much. Then he said he started aching this afternoon. After dinner he's chilling so the kids are scrambling to get him a blanket. Then he asked for grape juice. I went to scrounge through the extra fridge to see if we had any or if I was going to have to run out and get some, thankfully we had a gallon!

How come when I'm sick or have a migraine I'm still expected to pull 110% of my weight around here? I'm still expected to do anything that I'd normally be expected to do around here? And men get to whine, do nothing, act like spoile babies when they feel bad?

I know I know because WE baby them!! And he thinks he isn't spoiled. Oh PUH----LEASE! Even when he's not sick he's spoiled around here LOL!! This is one of those times when I'd say I have four kids ;0) LOL!!

3 comments:

Deb - Mom of 3 Girls said...

Yeah, it's not terribly fair, is it - mine is the same way when he's sick too. I hope he's feeling better soon!

jenn said...

I think all men are the same way. Mine's having surgery next week. I am NOT looking forward to his recovery.

Hope your's is feeling better!

Julie said...

Sorry to hear about your hubby being sick... :( My husband plainly admits he is a baby when he's sick! lol :) Hope he feels better soon!