Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Toghether Longer Then Apart.


Jason and I are "highschool sweethearts". We actually met in 7th grade, when I transferred in to the small Christian school that he'd always attended and our kids attended until this past fall. So in a small class of 15 (some years a few more, some a few less) it was easy for us all to be friends and know each other well.
As we got older, we got closer as friends. What started out as a 'rescue' date to me, I needed to attend a Valentine banquet since it was a Cheerleading fundraiser and did NOT want to go with the one guy in our class that kept asking me to go, Jason asked me to go with him. In a matter of days we were 'going steady' Do young people still do that?????
I still remember it, after the final bell of the day, February 6th, 1992 he came up to me and asked me to 'go with him'. Of course, I knew it was coming thanks to Kelli (;0) Thanks Kell!), as she had went back and forth between the two of us at lunch time to see how we felt about each other. Being shy neither of us had said anything to each other about feelings we'd been having for each other for months. We were 15.
We've been together ever since. So today, it marks SIXTEEN YEARS we've been together.
We've now been together longer then we were not together.

5 comments:

jenn said...

That is so sweet!

Deb - Mom of 3 Girls said...

Wow - congratulations! :)

Jen said...

That's a sweet post and a very cute picture!

crystal said...

Awwh, that IS sweet. It never occured to me to think of it that way. Chris and I have also been together longer than we've been apart. We started dating when I was 15. We've been married 15.5 years. This April 12 will be 20 years we've been together.
Today I felt like I could gouge his eyes out. Awwwhhh Love. LOL

Crys said...

That is so wonderful! What a great story. I think it's wonderful.