Monday, February 18, 2008

Writer's Block

I haven't forgotten about all of you (okay FEW of you) that read my blog daily or so.
I just can't seem to get my brain to working. I can't seem to come up with anything to write about.
OR something will come to me after I've gone to bed at night, or if I wake during the night I'll think I should blog about "xxxkkkkkkxxxxkkkk" tomorrow, only to forget what that thought was the following morning!!

On the school front, we're on track to finish by April 1st-mid/late April, I think....I hope. On one hand it'll be nice to be finished. On the other hand that will be more days for the kids to fight with each other, drive me crazy by being wild & uncontrolable in the house, so forth and so on. We have testing the week of April 28th and I'd like to be finished with our 'regular' work before then.

Avery is doing well he can now recognize the letters "A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H" he knows several others too that I haven't even worked with him on but those are the ones we've worked on with the Hooked on Phonics program. The only thing that I've discovered so far that I don't like about the program is that it's set up into three levels (yellow, red, blue) yellow level is teaching letter names in capital letters, red will be lower cased levels, THEN the phonics that go with each level. I'm teaching him the phonics as we go through the letters on the yellow level. I think that helps him remember each letter easily if he can't seem to remember a certain letter. I have to say F is for frustrated...as that is where I was iwth the letter E & F last week, it was like he could NOT remember those two letters, he kept telling me ffffffffffff (the sound) for the letter F instead of the name of the letter. Finally he got that one down, Finally ;)

Jason sent me a ITunes gift card for Valentine's Day, there was several CD's I've been wanting the last few months. So that was nice, until I spent the money and the MP4 format wouldn't work on my cell phone's MP3 player OR my regular MP3 player (I don't have a real IPod). So he fought with it for a few hours on Saturday and found a 14 day free trial converter so we converted them all over and got part of them onto my phone at least, I need to finish putting the others over. I LOVE music, don't get to listen much though. I'd planned to get back into walking once the weather cleared up some while Rachel is in ballet class but now that I have two boys that have to 'suffer' and go with us that isn't going to happen either. Avery is bored over there for an hour, Justin just gripes the whole time .*sigh* Just another sacrifice that comes from Jason taking that promotion.

Speaking of the promotion, we still don't know when he's actually going to get to go to 4 days a week with Friday's off. This Thursday & Friday he has to attend some sort of conference along with everyone else in the company that includes dinner out Thursday night that says from 6pm-10pm on his iteniary. He doesn't want to go, I'm not looking forward to him being gone that evening but oh well. I guess he's going to have plenty of time saved up to take off later ~ except he's the boss so he can't take off very long at one speil. We're looking itno 4/5 days at WDW then 5/6 days at the beach in September/October again that will be nice. We'd be meeting up with my parents for the beach part.

Okay so I thought I was blocked I guess I just had too much to talk about to choose ONE thing, LOL!! But I am here sometimes I just think it can't be interesting so I don't bother, sorry about that.

2 comments:

jenn said...

I think we all have those days/weeks where it's hard to write. I find when things are normal, it's not that interesting to write about.

Glad to hear school things are going well. Enjoy your monday.

Jen said...

I have those days ALL the time! But, it's fun to read about other people's everyday doings even if they seem boring to the person writing it! I liked this post!