Monday, March 24, 2008

They say it's your birthday!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! (err ME)

Okay, so it's my birthday today. Not big deal. At least not to anyone in this house. I'm still doing laundry (which I swore I wasn't going to do today but somebody has to!), school with the kids, taking care of one who is sick again and feels icky, fed them, cleaned up their mess in the dining room, and will fix dinner. Hubby just emailed me to go out and I honestly don't want to drag the youngest who feels so bad out, not to mention he could hardly eat lunch for coughing so why torture others hearing him cough his head off? And the older two are still wild...as they were last night, can NOT seem to calm down and are driving me batty, I'm sure school work will take twice as long as it should for that reason alone.

MIL called to wish me a Happy Birthday, so did my mom...other then that nothing. At least not today.
My Aunt bought this for me and gave it to me
at Avery's party a few weeks ago. I love Vera Bradley handbags but refuse to pay that kind of money for them so this was a treat!! I LOVE IT!! But it doesn't really feel like a present since I've been using it for three weeks now LOL!!









And my mom gave me this on Saturday. Guess I am going to have to learn how to use it now....well maybe next fall/winter. I'm really hoping our weather improves soon so we can get outside.
There will be no cake made for me, to my liking, as we still have leftover Mandarin Orange cake from Justin's birthday on Friday.
Am I the only one who has blah (okay I'll just say what I'm thinking crappy!!!) birthdays now that you're an adult and have kids of your own? Or does your hubby do something special for you?

5 comments:

Deb - Mom of 3 Girls said...

Happy Birthday!!

And yes, I know just what you mean. :)

jenn said...

Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to Jennifer!
Happy birthday to you!

That was me singing!

I'm lucky. Every year, hubby and the kids make me feel super special on my birthday. I hope you have a wonderful one too!

Jen said...

You say it's your birthday (music playing) Now I have that song in my head! HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!! That's so cool you got that cool hand bag and a sewing machine, wow! I wish I was there to help you out around the house and let you rest and relax on your birthday! Happy Birthday again!

Crys said...

Happy Birthday Jen! I wish I could be there to celebrate with you.

But yes, I think its an unwritten rule that most birthdays stink once your a mother with young children and a working husband. But at least you know you are not alone.

it's me, Val said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I'm a March-ie, too. Hope you get to do something fun and I can't wait to see what you make on your new sewing machine! (Will you teach me?)