Monday, March 10, 2008

Ultimate Blog Party!!



Well, it's that time of year again...time for The Ultimate Blog Party! hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom I know why I sat that as I wasn't blogging this time last year to participate AND I'm late getting in on the party this year1 **OOPS** Oh well, I'm here now and ready to party!!!

For those that are visiting me and don't know me, HI!! Thanks so much for dropping by! My name is Jennifer (as if you couldn't guess that from my blog title) and this is my blog. A friend introduced me to blogging a few months ago and I think I've overtaken her and become more obsessed about it then her! Anyways, I am 31...sshhh about to be 32 in 14 days mother of 3. They are a boy 10 he's going to be 11 in 11 days, my one and only daughter turned 8 this past Saturday, and my baby boy turned 4 last weekend. Yes, we all have birthday's this month and NO it was planned that way it just sort of happened that way ;0)

I am married to my high school sweetheart. We've been together since February of our sophomore year of high school. Last month marked our 'anniversary' of being together longer then we were apart....man that makes me feel old!! This summer we will celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary. Hmmm...wonder what we could do to mark the special occasion? I'll have to think about that one.

I also home school our kids. That is new to use this year, before that they were enrolled in a small private Christian school here. Actually the same school that hubby & I met at and graduated from. But things have changed since we were enrolled there so we thought it best to take them out of there and do it ourselves. Who am I kidding? Do it myself, the only time he's done anything involving the schoolwork was to make the decision for me last year. To decide which curriculum I was going to use and to cover a few test(s) when he sent me off to California for a week in October to see a close friend.

Oh yeah, that reminds me of something else about me. I LOVE TO TRAVEL!! Seriously, I can spend hours online dreaming of where we're going next, researching and all that. Of course, I also spend a lot of time online dreaming of places we may never get to or at least not until the kids are out of the house.

And the name of my blog refers to my love of finding FREE sample offers online. I actually did a Thursday Thirteen post with offers a month or so ago. I hadn't bought myself deodorant in over a year until last week. And no I did not stink, I got that much free deodorant samples in the mail that I didn't have to!!

So that is me in a nutshell. I look forward to meeting some new people during this. I love to find new blogs to 'haunt' not to scare you but seems if I find something I like to read I tend to keep going back. I hope you'll do the same!!

Some of those that I've already met are already involved in the party. Like Crystal she is even hosting a contest in honor of the Ultimate Blog Party. She is giving away $100 worth of Mary Kay products!! You find the details on her blog. And Jen is playing along. I'm sure there are lots of others too!!

Anyways, I'm glad you stopped by. Please feel to browse around and I hope to see all of you (or at least some of you) returning even after the Ultimate Blog Party is over!

OH! I almost forgot, I also LOVE to read! Seriously I read about 10 books a month, sometimes more sometimes less. I even started a book blog to keep track of my most recent reads and to sometimes post reviews on it to help others out or just help myself keep track! Its the top one in my blogroll over there on the right ;0) Or you can just go here: http://jasonjenniferbooks.blogspot.com

18 comments:

Crazy Daisy said...

Nice to see you at the blog party!

I too am married to my high school sweetheart! :) Happy being together anniversary!

cltgrace said...

Great music!!! Crank it up!! I knew that was Keith Urban~

Welcome to the party! What a great opportunity to make some new bloggy friends!

Peek in on us at GraceFULL days~ we love new faces & comments. Bloggy thanks in advance for voting for my GraceFULL moment at Vicks Caring Tributes: http://videos.vickscaringtributes.com/videos/index.html

Grace to you~
Carmen

The Flying Monkeys said...

Nice party, turn the music up! Its loud over at my blog! Come on by, in or out of costume at my blog party! Grab some food, have a drink, read, and enjoy!

Love your blog!

DEB

Judy @ In His Grip said...

Just coming in to check out the party. Love the books you read, I think I have read most of them.

Jen said...

Hey, thanks for the bloggy love!!! That's so nice of you!!! I loved learning more about you. I never realized you named your blog this because of all the samples you get. I'm gonna have to look up that Thursday Thirteen. That's awesome!!! Oh and I tagged you for a Meme. Don't feel any need to do it if you don't want. If you want to though, let me know when you do so I can come and read more about you :) I LOVE TO TRAVEL TOO! Wish we had more money to do more of it!

Darlene said...

Welcome to the blog party!! This is my first year to be apart and it is so much fun. I know what you mean about the blogging. I think I am addicted!! When you get a chance check out my blog http://puffspocket.blogspot.com
The weather is beautiful in Alabama today. Makes me wish I had a laptop to take outside and enjoy.

it's me, Val said...

Oh my, we are so alike! I'm about to turn 32 in just a couple days. I hate to even write the number 32. It's getting harder and harder to be my age!

I love to travel, to! I have only been out of the country once, but hope to do it many more times in the near future.

I am married to my HS sweetheart, too. I bet we graduated the same year, eh?

My son is also 4. Very cool. I will be back!

Angi said...

Nice to meet you! I am 36 - married 15 years to my High School sweetheart. I have a boy, 13 - girl, 10, and another boy 6! I'm giving away a book on my blog, stop by if you're interested. I like your blog, adding it to my favorites!
PARTY ON!

Loving wife, slightly hysterical mother said...

Babe, there ain't nothing like returning to an old faithful blog time and time again - it's like old slippers and the smell of biscuits baking :-)

I shall hang around till the sun comes up, catch some sleep & return forthwith.

Seriously impressed that you're home schooling too!

duchess said...

Hi. Great blog. I'm also a christian stay at home mom married to my high school sweetheart. Haven't gotten the courage up to homeschool yet but I contemplate it every year.
We also have a 10 yr. old boy & a 7 yr. old girl.
Stop by my site & we can chat more.
www.edwardsnewsupdates.blogspot.com
See ya.

forgetfulone said...

I love, love, love to read! I love mysteries and suspense, but I can also spend hours reading blogs if life didn't get in the way. You're invited to my party, too. Thanks for having me over. http://forgetfulone.blogspot.com/2008/03/lets-party.html

BrineS said...

I'm inviting you to party with me!

Win some chocolate from my-sister-in-law and I...we blog about CHOCOLATE...me from Australia...and her from Michigan. Here's the link: http://thechocolistas.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

What am I doing in Australia? I married an Aussie...and moved to Brisbane, leaving my family and friends and all the right-side-of-the-road drivers in America.

Win a handmade pocket place mat from my blog Comfort Joy Designs. Here's the link:
http://comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

Want to know more about life in Australia? Visit my A Cup of Joy site where I keep up with my family and friends in America. Here's the link:
http://acupofjoy.wordpress.com/

Happy Partying!

JanMary said...

Hi and lovely to "meet" you.

Our kids our similar in ages - 10, 8 and 3.5!

Hope you stop by and say "Hi"

Leeann said...

I love all the people on here married to their high school sweetheart! It gives me hope that the world is trying to better itself and that the sanctity of marriage isn't a joke to everyone!
I'm not new to you blog, but I loved reading all the new info! Thanks for stopping by my party!

Hey it's Amy Shipp said...

Hello there Party Girl!
It is so fun to learn more about you! I am wondering which private school you guys went to? Way to go reading 10 books a month! I am lucky if I read 2. My husband reads 4 or 5 a month and I am trying to catch up! I buy about 10 books amonth, does that count?! :D Thanks for visiting my party too!

Cassie said...

the things that we have in common are almost scary...first I have 3 children 10, 8 and 4...I married my high school sweetheart...We started dating during my sophomore year....No, I am not kidding....=) and one more thing...Yes, we have been married for 13 years...That is just crazy!! Stop by my blog and visit sometime!!!

Storm said...

Still hopping from blog to blog... my goal is to post at each blog at least once. Nice to meet you. Happy blogging!

Killlashandra said...

Nice to meet you too. :) I can't believe you read 10 books in a month. Wow! I wish I had more time to do that. Considering how much I dislike the school my kids attend I wish I home schooled too.

Have a great Friday!