Sunday, April 13, 2008

Wouldn't You?

Today is not a good day for us so far.

We got a call this morning as we were getting read for church that hubby's Grandpa was being rushed to the ER. I'm not even sure of the details now. But something like he had a seizure or a mini-stroke last night and refused to go to the hospital. He was still stumbling around alot and such this morning, Grandma thought he'd had another one and then he had a knife and cut himself badly. I don't know something like that. Go on to church we'll call with more info.

So we get to church & his mom had stopped to see him and force him to go to the ER. They (hubby's Grandma, Aunt & Uncle) had called for a ambulance but he was refusing to go. So his Mom argued with him and pretty much bartered with him to get him to go, finally he gave him. He's on blood thinners as it is so anytime he bleeds that is bad. She said his head was all cut so he must have fallen or something. I don't know, I'm still confused!!!

After church we go to my parent's house for a quick dinner then hubby went to the hospital. They were trying to put stitches in his head, to stop the bleeding, he was still seizing, dozing and they were running tests. I wanted to go with him he refused, left me with the kids at my parents.

Around 4pm I call since I haven't heard from him. Again I'm confused. They don't know, might have to put in a pacemaker, he's still seizing, won't let anyone see him etc. Then he says "Here comes Sandy." (that is his Grandma) and hangs up to see what is going on.

About 5:30 he calls me and first thing he says to me is "It's not good. They can't get him to stop seizing. They've put him on a ventilator. He kept seizing even while they were putting stitches in. They aren't sure there is anything else they can do." Maybe something about a ventilator then, I don't know I'm confused and OUT of the loop!! AGAIN I insist I'm borrowing a car from my parents and coming to the hospital. "No, that's alright." "No, it's not. I'll come be with you." "No, everyone else is here it's alright." Which makes me feel like I should be there even more, everyone else is there. So he ended up telling me to see if my parents could bring me and the kids home and not come to the hospital.

He just called me again and they've transferred him to our 'heart hospital' and are going to try putting in a temporary pacemaker. They think his heart is causing all the problems so if they can get this in they can go from there. Or this could be the last thing they have, if it doesn't work there is nothing else to do.

I asked who all was there he replies everyone, about 50 people. His sister ( who is 30 weeks pregnant) hadn't been there all day and just got there. I WANT to be there with them. I feel bad because I'm NOT there.

Wouldn't you want your spouse with you?
Wouldn't you want to be with your spouse?
Especially if everyone else is there?
Especially if this man is your hubby's rock? They are super close. He's more like a father then any father my hubby has ever really had.

So anyways, no matter what could you keep us in your thoughts & prayers?

4 comments:

jenn said...

I'm so sorry to hear all that. You guys will definitely be in my prayers. I hope whatever they are trying to do, works.

Don't feel too bad about not being there. I usually end up home with the kids when something happens with my father in law, which unfortunately is often.

I'll be thinking of you all.
(((hugs)))

Crystal said...

Oh Jen I am so sorry to hear this. I sure hope they get things figured out. And I'm sorry you feel so left out. Its hard when you want to be supportive and aren't given the chance. I would have wanted to be there too. I'll be sure to keep you and your family in my prayers. Please keep me updated.

Julie said...

You got it. I'm sorry to hear that you guys are going through this. ((hugs))

Deb - Mom of 3 Girls said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry. I hope that they can figure out what's going on and that he's better soon. I hate being left out of the loop too... I will keep him in my prayers.