Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Pieces falling into place

A recently found blog buddy Val made a comment in one of my other posts about all the puzzle pieces falling into place with the house we wanted and selling this one. Not long after she made that comment and I got notice it was there our realtor called...again.

She called the Friday before Mother's Day that the sellers were dropping the price for us, if we'd come up $5000 from our last offer. We took a few days thought it over, called her back on Sunday. We were okay with the price but we need a contingency of 30 days to sell our place too. Since they wouldn't go for that the first time we tried it we weren't expecting them to come go for it this time. We hadn't heard anything else until earlier today.

She called earlier, I retrieved her message and called her back. Seems they are now willing to take the price AND the contingency we offered!!! They've signed a contract on a new place and need theirs sold (or a contract on theirs too). Works in our favor.

So we just signed another contract offer, asking for 60 days to have a contract here and be closed there by July 31. She dropped it off to their realtor who acted like it was a done deal but as we all know it's not a done contract until all parties have signed the contract. She is meeting with the sellers tomorrow at 4:30pm. So we'll know one way or the other for sure then.

IF they sign it we have 15 days to get the home inspection we requested done, and we have 60 days to close on that one, so that gives us some time to get a contract on our current place too.

Keep us in your thoughts, prayers, hopes, whatever you send up!!

9 comments:

Crystal said...

You will be getting prayer time!! Good luck. This is awesome!

The Lees said...

Congrats and good luck!

Deb - Mom of 3 Girls said...

Oh good luck! I will be praying for a buyer for your current house - we went through a similar experience when we moved here, so I know how stressful it can be.

crystal said...

That's great!! I've got my fingers crossed!

st_hart said...

hi, that's great! good luck...

jenn said...

That is awesome news!! I hope everything works out perfectly!

Julie said...

That is awesome!! ((hugs)) I will be keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers! :)

Jen said...

Oh what wonderful news!!! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope that everything continues to fall into place! You deserve for this to happen!! :)

it's me, Val said...

Awwwww yay!! It's totally going to work out, it really is.

I will be thinking of you! I will be anxious to hear about them signing it! I know it will happen. Think positive :)

Thanks for the comment at shutter sisters, too!