Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Busy Week

This is a busy week for me. Normally in the summer we don't have 'plans' unless it's vacation time. We weren't planning on going on vacation this summer and really thought we weren't going to make it before November or later.

But, I did manage to book us into Walt Disney World for September on Sunday evening!!! YAY!! We'll be there 4 nights/5days and we got the FREE dining plan so all our food will be covered while we're there too!! So I'm working on figuring out where we'd like to eat, at least the "table service" meals (you get 1 per day)so I can get "ADR's" (Disney's sort-of reservation code ;) )so I can get those booked NOW. They start booking them at 180 days out and we're 90 days out. I've narrowed down two of them just need to come up with two more now. Thanks to George Bush and our stimulus rebate, AND our Disney Visa that we use religiously to earn awards this trip is paid in full. Actually, in a budget like manner too, under $1250 for the 4 of us (Justin does NOT want to go so he's staying with parents). We did this in September 2006 and it was a blast, I even wrote a detailed trip report and everything that year. This year I'm going to do a pre-trip report along with the trip report I think, just trying to come up with a catchy name. Any ideas? I belong to this Disney forum disboards.com that is just fabulous when it comes to planning a trip and everything I've learned so much on there & it's where I'll do my pre-trip & trip report. But for now I'm back to researching menu's and things there.

OH before I forget, busy week. Rachel is in ballet class this week with the guest instructor from a Russian Ballet. I can't think of the name of the specific one he's from or I'd tell you ;) So that is every morning for an hour.

Then I've filling out our mortgage application paperwork since yesterday afternoon. *sigh* I wish rates were lower. Oh well we'll get the lowest we can get now and refinance later probably. We just got spoiled & lucky when we bought this place when the rates were really low. But we're walking away from the sale with quite a bit of profit that will allow us to put in carpet, and finish out the garage at least. If not a few other big ticket things too. I've got to drop that paperwork off tomorrow.

So that is where we are right now!

1 comment:

Jen said...

YAY!! I'm so glad you're gonna do a vacation after all! I can't wait to hear all about it! I LOVED Disneyworld!