Monday, June 30, 2008

Guardian Angel

I'm convinced A. has one.

When he was small he fell out of a shopping cart in Wal-Mart and landed on his head & back in the Deli section, which is the harder tile floor. I wasn't with him, he was in a cart across the Deli from me with his daddy & siblings, not buckled in either. I'm thinking he was maybe less then a year old or right around there. Scared us both to death and I knew what had happened as soon as I heard him start screaming from across the way. Thank God , he wasn't seriously hurt and was A-okay...to go on to being his wilder child (I say wilder because he's not wild by any means but he is wilder then our older two)self.

Since then he's busted his head open on a rock after a wedding ceremony/reception. Busted his mouth soon after that spot healed. And many other boo-boos and such.

I know all kids get bumps, bruises, scrapes and such in their life just like I did growing up.

But this past Saturday he was helping my Dad rehang a gate on a piece of their privacy fence. So you know how high that is, and it's half of the size of a driveway as it connects to their back driveway area. Dad had to reset the post as the old one had rotted away to nothing. Dad had it leaning on the latch where he needed to drill it back in and left A. standing there while he stepped away to pick up the drill. It fell over on him. I had just opened the back patio door when I heard the crash and Avery screaming and crying. I ran out there to see Avery crumpled on the cement driveway with the piece of fence resting on top of him. It was on half of his face, his arms and one leg. I picked him and checked him out, he escaped with one teeny tiny scrape on his elbow that hit the cement driveway. That gate piece is heavy and my Dad has felt so guilty that he's called every day, at least once to check on him.

I am seriously convinced that his kid has guardian angels that work overtime. Thank you God for that.

3 comments:

Deb - Mom of 3 Girls said...

I'm hoping that Becca will be my first child to make it to age 3 without requiring stitches. We have 7 months to go... :)

Milly said...

The good lord is surely watching over him.

Jen said...

Wow, I'm glad he's alright :)