Monday, June 23, 2008

It's Official!!

All the contract paperwork for the sale of our house has been completed. Now, we just wait for the appraisal, and closing by the end of August.

And all of our paperwork is back in to the bank so we're waiting for the appraisal on the new place and the closing there to take place by the end of July.

We went out Friday evening looking for new furniture, we've never had a bedroom set and we ARE going to have one now. We have to get a new kitchen table as our huge dining room won't fit there, and we need new furniture for the family room ~ what we have is 13 years old (to us)hand me downs completely worn out but I couldn't find what I wanted, I'll keep looking for that. And we priced carpet and hardwood flooring too. Then we went out again on Saturday & Sunday looking at flooring options so we can narrow it down, price things outs online and be ready to order once we close to get the exact measurements. And we've narrowed down paint colors too!!

So it's official, we're on our way!!

4 comments:

jenn said...

I'm so excited for you!

Jen said...

How exciting! We have yet to get a bedroom set or any furniture for that matter. The furniture we have is hand me downs (which I'm grateful for, but has seen a brighter day). I'm so happy you're able to go and get so many fun new things for your new house :)

Deb - Mom of 3 Girls said...

Ooh, how exciting! :)

crystal said...

Congrats! How wonderful for you guys!