Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Washington D.C. day #1

We left town Thursday morning around 9am and made good time, arriving in Washington D.C. (well, technically Arlington, Va.)just at 3pm. We had decided to go to Arlington National Cemetery before checking in at the hotel since it was a mile away from the hotel and we could save the subway fare this way. We did have to pay parking but it was $2.25 and the subway would've been $1.35x4, so it was cheaper.
So here's a few shots. It was crowded at the Tomb of the Unknowns so the kids couldn't see the Changing of the Guards very well, and pictures aren't great but I managed to get a few.





JFK's gravesite:



The Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers.



From the parking lot:


5 comments:

Hey it's Amy Shipp said...

I would love to visit those sites with Pat & Bronson. We have been, just not all together!! Family vacations are the best! You will have sweet memories of this trip for a long time...

jenn said...

I remember visiting when I was 12 or so, and it was beautiful in a sad sort of way.

Great pictures.

Stacy said...

I love D.C. I grew up in eastern Ohio & we went to D.C. regularly. Now we are in Alaska & its so, so far to go. Enjoy!

The Lees said...

Looks like so much fun. I bet it was educational, too...

it's me, Val said...

I have never been but hope to one day with my kids. Great photos.