Thursday, June 5, 2008

Washington D.C. Day #2 (part 1)

I'm going to split Friday into two parts. The zoo first, then downtown...so I can show you pictures and such too!!

We embarked on our first subway ride just after 9:30am. Thus began our day of walking, I kid you not we pretty much were on our feet from 9am-7pm. I don't know if I'd told you guys but I hurt my right foot two weeks ago on a Saturday and could barely walk the following Sunday & Monday, not sure what I did but the bottom muscles/tendons were cramped up and sore the whole time. The evening before when I took my shoes off it cramped up again and I thought OH NO!! But it seemed okay early Friday.

So we ride the subway to the zoo exit, then walk about 6 blocks one way uphill to the zoo entrance, then we walk the zoo until 2pm. It rests on 163 acres and we backtracked a little to see the Panda's again before leaving, which is when we got the better view as most of the local preschools/elementary schools were there that morning.& had begun to clear out. Then the 6 blocks back to the subway entrance to go downtown D.C. THAT is when we walked, walked, walked.
I have a bunch of pictures, I put them all online into my shutterfly account if you want to just flip through them all let me know I'll give you the link & password ;0) Tomorrow I'll post part 2!

3 comments:

Deb - Mom of 3 Girls said...

That's so cool that you got to see the Pandas! We went a few years ago and they wouldn't come out while we were there, so we never did get to see them.

The Lees said...

Looks like so much fun!

Jen said...

What a FUN weekend! I love these zoo pictures and would LOVE to see them all :)