Friday, August 29, 2008

Random Thoughts

I just realized that I haven't been here all week. I'd like to say I've been busy all week doing wonderful, fun things but that would be a lie. ;)

Monday I did get to spend several hours with my friend Jamie. YAY!! She was in from California and brought her mom & her girls along to see the new house and just to visit. I meant to take a few pictures, and didn't even pick up the camera. Of course the house was full as my sister in-law came around with her 3 boys, and my Mother in-law was here with her 4 girls too...all at the same time. But we still had a good visit. Now, to wait another 3 months until she gets to come home for a month ..... I'm hoping Jason & I can meet her and hubby out for dinner one evening.

Tuesday, after watching the weather forecast I decided we were going to go to my parent's house to use the pool. It was the best weather day this week and quite possibly our last chance to be in the pool this season.

I have also slowly started school work and of course along with that came the mouthy, attitude from the oldest about having to do it. Next week we will be doing every subject every day, at least for two weeks...then we're on vacation for a week!! I admit I like that part of homeschooling, ability to go wherever we want whenever we want. (Lori, haven't been ignoring the picture thing I haven't taken any pictures!)

But I'll also admit that the old Administrator of our kids previous school has a new Christian school open. It has been weighing heavy on my mind & heart this week. I'd like to seriously consider it, matter of fact I have ~ hubby hasn't. So I've asked him to for next year, just in time for junior high for the oldest one. So keep us in your prayers on that front. We've been hearing lots of good things about it.

And I finally signed up for a MySpace account last weekend while hubby was away on business, and have been reconnecting with some old school friends, some old work friends etc.

I've also been considering taking on a work at home job of medical transcription. Keep that in your prayers. I've got to call my friend who does it and talk to her, she'd mentioned it to me at church last Sunday but I think it'd be nice to earn some money to just put away in savings for whatever.

And I painted tow coats on one-fourth of the family room yesterday so that is coming along.

This morning hubby sent me out for a few hours of alone time. AAAAHHHHHHH I needed that. He kept the kids here and worked on the hardwood floor (it's about halfway done YAY!) in the family room while I ran to the bank and grocery store. Whoohoo I know you're thinking, big deal right? I know it's nothing special but it was a few hours of just me, away from the kids and unlike normal parents who get that break while their kids go to school I don't since we home school ;0)

Well we're heading to my parent's to drop the kids off for a sleepover then we're doing dinner and coming home to watch some movies. Just a relaxing, enjoying each other kind of evening....alone.

3 comments:

The Lees said...

Wow, I wish we had a Christian school closer. 40 minutes either way is killing me, lol. I will keep you guys in our thoughts.

Maybe when James is in for an entire month, we could all go out to dinner AS ADULTS and just invite everyone??? Not to take away from any two on two time with you guys, but I'd love to meet you & Jason as well!

Or maybe I"m just craving ADULT time with folks whom I'm not counseling. It's either "sound it out" or "how does that make you feel." LOL.

Jen said...

How wonderful! I hope you have a great evening alone! I can't wait to see pictures of the house when it's done. I hope the medical transcription job works out for you :)

jenn said...

Wow, sounds like you've had a busy week!

Alone time is great, no matter what you're doing!