Saturday, September 27, 2008

Trip Report, Monday, September 15 part 1

Day 1 ~ Check in & Epcot
~*~*~*~
We had stayed in New Smyrna Beach, Florida Saturday & Sunday so Monday morning we got up early and got on the road by 7:30am to head to Orlando & Walt Disney World. We expected traffic and we weren't disappointed. But it wasn't too bad we made the drive in about an hour and 20 minutes so we arrived at Pop Century Resort by 9am to check in. No one in line, no waiting, we zipped through check in (of course our room wasn't ready but again that was expected), hit the potty and hopped a bus.......

To Epcot!!

We were there within half an hour of opening and it was pretty sparse! Now I'd been watching crowd reports and such for the week leading into our trip and the parks were empty. I wouldn't let myself get my hopes up that it would still be like that. But it wasn't too bad.

We checked the tip board (where the wait times are listed for popular attractions) and saw that Soarin' only had a 5 minute wait time posted so we decided to head to The Land then over to The Seas, after Test Track. As we walk though Innovations I see the Epcot Character Spot and that there are only a handful of people in there, among Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Chip & Dale, and goofy. So I hop in line with the kids and Jason goes to Test Track to get Fast Passes for later ~before the line get long!

So this first group of pictures you see with the characters are from Epcot's Character Spot.

2 comments:

Hey it's Amy Shipp said...

I absolutely LOVED Epcot! Yea for you guys getting to go!

jenn said...

I loved the pictures with the characters. The one time we went, when I was in my early 20's (pre-kids)we didn't see any characters.