Thursday, December 18, 2008

"Holiday" Baking

Do you tend to bake more goodies this time of year?
I always tend to get in the mood to do to want to bake a little of everything. And it's expected of me to bring Peanut Butter Fudge to my parent's house on Christmas morning. This is all my mom asks for for Christmas.
I haven't gotten much accomplished this year though, yet. Here is the list of what I want to get made:
  1. Oreo Truffles I have actually already made these & they are almost gone
  2. Snicker doodles don't know if I'll get around to this one.
  3. Sugar Cookies The kids and I did these yesterday afternoon.
  4. Thumbprints (peanut butter cookies with Hershey kiss on top) I did these last week
  5. Chocolate Chip Cookies Completed these this morning
  6. Chocolate Fudge made these the same day as Peanut Butter blossoms
  7. Peanut Butter Fudge Made this Christmas Eve for my parent's

* I actually make this for Jason and a few weeks ago I though I'd try a new recipe for double decker fudge, bottom layer is peanut butter fudge covered by a layer of chocolate fudge. It was a slop, the chocolate layer set up the bottom one did not. So we ate that with a spoon until I finally just tossed what was left.

So, now I'm got the butter sitting out to soften and I'm going to make some sugar cookies. I don't really want to get started now as I won't be done before dinner time I'm sure nor do I know what's for dinner....hmmmm maybe someone else can take care of that tonight ;)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I try not to bake, because I am powerless around sweets. I did, however, tell my mom that I would supply a cookie tray for dessert.

Sometimes the baking ceases to be fun. I get all excited, only to get tired after baking and baking.

I have brownie bites in the oven. I made Rocky Road earlier today, and i have plans to bake a bunch of cookies tomorrow.

The Rocky Road is a fudge recipe that I am trying for the first time. It looks good. It is the basic sweetened condensed milk and choc chips fudge recipe. You add mini marshmallow, cherries and peanuts.

Tonight we are making popcorn balls. Briana wants to take those to school tomorrow for her friends. She recently had her braces taken off, so popcorn was a long missed treat for her.

jenn said...

I haven't really started, and I have so much to do. Oreo truffles sound yummy!

Julie said...

I too am powerless around sweets! lol But, some of the ones on your list sound AMAZINGLY yummy! ;)

The Lees said...

wow, you're so busy! the kids & i have been having a blast with cookies. we're letting our gingerbread house "set" as i type so that we can get creative with it. have a kickin christmas girl!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I love your recipes... I am always looking for something new!
Merry Christmas y'all!