Thursday, January 15, 2009

I need help!!

At my daughter's ballet school there is a big Silent Auction Fundraiser in the spring every year. Part of the school is paid for by students, part is non-profit, she is part of the non-profit side as she is now in their pre-professional track.

Anyways, they ask for donations for the auction. Some parents are Dentists or work for dentists so there are free cleanings listed, other sell Mary Kay so there are Mary Kay products listed. Others still donate gift baskets of some sort, which is where I need your help. I signed up to donate a gift basket. Now I need to decided WHAT type or WHAT to put in it!!!

There were girl & boy Easter baskets listed, men's basket, women's baskets, baby baskets, move @ home baskets, coffee baskets, tea baskets, etc. on the list. I couldn't decide what to donate so I just wrote basket. I mean let's face it I don't have a paying job outside the home so I can't hit my boss up for a donation, and I can't offer my services because I have no skills like hair stylist or photographer etc.

The auction is the first weekend of March. I don't want to spend a fortune because I'll have to buy my ticket to the affair (which is a wine & Cheese dinner ~ what about those of us who don't drink? Kind of not my style but it raised over $9000 last year so who am I to knock it?)and I'd like to bid on (and hopefully win) DD a private 1 hr lesson with one of the teachers.

So, give me some suggestions!! PLEASE!

5 comments:

jenn said...

How about a baking basket? Fill it with measuring cups, rolling pin, recipe, and ingredients to make a pie or cookies of something special? Just a thought.

Suprina said...

Jennifer, if you are interested I will donate you a headband. I have one made up, let me know...I have no problems sending it to you.
It is a Vera Bradley headband.

Let's seee.....what else. What about a kitchen basket....maybe, with some cooking tools, a cook book....dish cloths, pot holders. Or you could do a candle basket....

I am so not creative for this type of thing. But if you want a headband please don't hesitate to ask....

crystal said...

You could do an "Old Fashioned Home" kind of basket. Put some lovely antique store finds in it. You know, just inexpensive stuff but the value will be in your time looking for the best things.
Some ideas would be some handmade candles, an old cookbook, some handmade dishtowels, place all in a nice mixing bowl or an old enameled pan. You get the idea.
OR....
You could go plea with a local business to sponsor you. Like Kanawha City Yarn Co. Might do a basket of yarn and needles. I know *I'D* bid on that!

Hey it's Amy Shipp said...

Don't be afraid to go to a store and ask for a donation. They will get free advertisment too. They may have a surplus of items not selling etc. Good luck!!

The Lees said...

Hey Jennifer. My office is only 30 minutes from Charleston. I'm happy to donate gift certificates??? FREE Hand and Foot Reflexology Session, FREE Dietary Analysis, and 50% off any product. They're also transferrable if the person doesn't want to use it. Does that help?