Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oreo Truffles


I did get around to making my OREO Truffles this yea, I just forgot to update my post below.

I've had a few requests of the recipe so I thought I'd post it:


1 whole 1lb package of OREOS

1 8oz package of cream cheese (softened)

1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

1 lb milk chocolate

1/2 lb white chocolate


Grind cookies to a fine powder (a food processor works best but I just had to dump them in a gallon sized ziploc and mash with a jar of spaghetti sauce aka my rolling pin LOL!!).
With a mixer, blend cookie powder, cream cheese, and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed (there should be no white traces of cream cheese) Roll into small balls and place on wax paper on cookie sheet
Refrigerate for 45 minutes or so Melt milk chocolate, dip balls to coat thoroughly. Melt white chocolate & drizzle over top. Let cool.
Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
You'll notice I didn't top mine with white chocolate this time, I was being lazy ;0) Just as good either way!! Or you could sprinkle a little coconut on top if you prefer, it's basically to cover up the hole you made while dipping them.

6 comments:

jenn said...

Sounds yummy.

Linda said...

Thanks, Jen. I saved this recipe for the cookie tray at holiday time!

Eric and Emily said...

Those look really good! My husband would also love those! mmmm...I want chocolate now, thanks! : )

Lisa said...

My daughter just peeked over my shoulder, saw these, and decided that she must try them. They do look yummy.

The Lees said...

Once again I bow to your domestic goddessness:-) I am jealous... Would you like to cater my open house, LOL!

Jen said...

Oh my goodness, do these ever look yummy! glad I don't have the ingredients or I just might of had to make them NOW!