Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wax on, wax off.

Seems the many viewings of The Karate Kid growing up taught me something after all LOL!!

I can't tell you how many times I watched this movie and it's sequels when I was younger. Oh shoot, I may as well be honest. I just watched it in HD not that long ago and still loved it just as much as I used to.

Tonight after dinner as I was completing the chore of cleaning up the kitchen I went to clean the top of my new stove. It's flat top so something I'm getting used to. I bought a bottle of cook top cleaner and the directions say something like "you may have to buff with (insert brand name here) rag after cleaning for spotless results" Well I cleaned it with a paper towel only to realize I'd grabbed to bottle of all purpose bleach spray instead, no wonder it was so filmy looking!! I grabbed the correct bottle and a rag and began to buff it of. As I did "wax on wax off" popped into my head and brought back many fond memories of that movie. And once that one pops into my head it just makes me think of a few others too. Any "old' movies that pop into your head like this sometimes?

No comments: