Monday, October 12, 2009

Corn Maize!!

About thirty minutes from where we live there is a giant corn maize every fall, it's something fun to do on a fall day. Every year it is shaped in something regarding the state of WV.
I have to say though I didn't realize it could be so expensive, it is $7 per adult (12 & up so we have 3) and $6.50 for kids age 4-11. Okay, so maybe it's not that expensive but I felt like it is, I'm trying to save as much money as I can right now ~ I've got to get some new clothes (thanks to the weight loss!!!) & I want to have extra when we head to Maui next year!! They do offer group discounts for youth groups, school field trips etc.
This years maize is in the shape a covered bridge, fall trees, & pumpkins:

You enter over there on the right where there is a break in the ^ ground under the tree & come out on the side there by the big tree.

Yesterday afternoon we decided to go and meet some friends there with their little boy. Here are some pictures:

this was Avery's first year to go to the maize!

1 comment:

jenn said...

Love the family shot! You guys look great. We have a corn maze around here, and I have been thinking about taking the kids. Sounds like a fun thing to do.