Monday, October 5, 2009

Dance season

And the dance season begins.

My little ballerina began classes for the 2009-2010 dance year in September. She is in classes three times a week for a total of 3.5hours.

This evening begins rehearsals for the winter performance piece. They will perform The Snow Queen on Friday, December 4 @ 10am ( for schools only) and again @ 7pm. They will also perform on Saturday, December 5 @ 2pm. Then again on Saturday, December 12 @ 7pm. Some of the other girls have already began their rehearsals for this. I'll say we were fortunate that we haven't =0).

Rachel's group will be in the final scene, a whole new piece has been added to the performance for this group of 7 or 8 girls only. I hope it's a nice little piece and not just a little short minute dance or not done well. These girls have worked hard & so deserve a nice little piece in the performance!!!

So tonight she has rehearsals for a hour, then class for an hour. Tomorrow night it's class for 1.5 hours, then again back to class on Saturday morning for an hour. Actually this is the schedule for next week too. I'm sure it will add Friday night or Saturday afternoon rehearsals in a few weeks, as the performance date gets closer!

1 comment:

Lisa @ akawest said...

As you know, I love reading about Rachel and dance. It is so refreshing when I don't have to fake enthusiasm.
Now, you need to convince the dance school to bring down the girls to perform at Disney. My cousin's seven year old will be dancing there next summer. I have this plan to be there, and I welcome more excuses to head to Orlando.