Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The straw that broke the camels back

There is this picture that was taken of hubby and I the last evening we were at the beach in June. I HATE it. I didn't even show it to him, I don't think. That picture is the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. I got serious about wanting to try out the Wii Fit and do some exercising and see if I could lose some weight or if the hypothyroidism *and the medication that goes along with it* were really partly (or fully) to blame for my weight gain in the last five years or so.

I'd share that picture with you if I had a current picture to share also. But I need to get a current picture then I'll show you the difference......maybe!

I started eating salads for lunch in January and also trying to watch what I was eating, somewhat. I was seeing results with that. Once I began using the Wii Fit the last weekend of July I got real serious about watching what I put in my mouth. I wasn't really on a diet per say but I was trying to be healthy & wise in choosing what I ate when.

As of right now, I am down 18.5 lbs, two pants sizes, and at least 8 inches off my waist. I bought two pairs of jeans size 10 two weeks ago, I haven't worn this size in years, and these are actually loose! I've had to buy a belt when again I hadn't HAD to have a belt in years.

I'm still watching what I eat somewhat, if I know we're having Thanksgiving dinner later I only ate a small banana & a tsp of peanut butter for breakfast so I could enjoy the dinner later!! Oh and the pumpkin roll ;) And I am still exercising at least every other day if not every day at least 30 minutes, there were days I was doing 1.5 hours.

And I'm seeing this awesome Naturopathic Doctor for my thyroid issues, which as of last week, are well....getting better!! Whoohoo!! I'm feeling good, and looking better to myself then I have in a long time.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Way to go Jen! I'm glad you're naturopath is also working out for you. Isn't it great to start feeling healthier again??? :)

jenn said...

I can't wait to see the before and after pictures!